These terms and conditions apply to the use of Histopath’s websites, including the purchase of COVID-19 pathology testing for travel.
Any use of the words “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Histopath and it’s related entities involved in the operation of this website and the delivery of services.
You must be over 18 years old to order any COVID-19 testing using Histopath’s websites.
The purchase of all COVID-19 tests is for surveillance and/or travel purposes only, and as such, does not involve any consultation with a health care professional. Any health related advice should be sought from your health care provider.
We do not accept any liability for any losses that you may sustain as a result of your use of this or any linked website. You acknowledge that despite all reasonable precautions put in place by us, there is a risk of unauthorised access to or alteration of your information contained on your computer, computer system or on this website or any linked website. You must take your own precautions when accessing our websites that you do not expose yourself to the risk of any viruses or any other mechanism that could damage your own computer and/or computer system. We do not accept any liability for any such damage that may arise in connection with your use of this or any linked website.
If you place an order of service on this or any linked website, you are making an offer to purchase that service for the price specified on our websites at the time of placing that order. Until we accept your offer in writing or provide you with the service, we will not be taken to have accepted your offer for the services.
As part of the process of placing an order, we will ask you to pay the price specified for the service. All prices shown are in Australian dollars and include Goods and Services Tax (GST). You agree to pay us the price specified on our websites for the service when you place your order.
To place your order, you will need to select the service you wish to purchase, complete all of the mandatory fields, review your details and accept all important notices, enter your credit card or Paypal details to complete your order. If for any reason you wish to amend your order, please contact our head office by phone on (02) 9878 8173 or via email.
Your credit card or linked account on PayPal will be debited at the time that you place your order. Your credit card or linked account will show CP Douglas or Douglas & Mann Pty Limited as the entity that has debited your account. By law, we do not store credit card information. This means that each separate time you order, you will be required to enter your payment details.
When you offer to purchase any of our services, you must complete all mandatory fields on the form. You must ensure that the information provided is accurate and complete. If the information is inaccurate or incomplete, we may reject your order or suspend your current or future use of any of our services.
You may cancel your order at any time prior to the departure time specified on your order, as long as you have not had the service provided (e.g. had a COVID-19 swab, or finger prick blood collection). To cancel your order please either call us on (02) 9878-8173 or request a refund in writing by emailing us at email@example.com. Refunds are processed within seven (7) working days.
By using our services, you consent to us:
• Using the information you provide to authenticate your identity.
• Collecting and testing your pathology sample(s).
• Retaining your information and results as the law requires.
• Contacting you, including leaving a message on the mobile phone number you provided, if there is a testing issue.
• Contacting you if your pathology results are abnormal or are deemed notifiable by us or by law.
• Sending notice of normal (negative/non infectious) pathology results to you via SMS message to your nominated mobile phone number.
• Sending notice of an abnormal (positive/infectious) to you via SMS message to your nominated mobile phone number.
• Reporting notifiable diseases (as set out in the National Notifiable Disease Surveillance System from time to time) to relevant Government Health Departments for follow-up for the purpose of keeping statistical records.
• Undertaking all other actions, or providing all other notifications required by law to be performed or given by us.
By using our services, you acknowledge and agree that:
• It is your responsibility to follow up with your own health care provider.
• Test results are generally available on the same day of visiting a collection centre, although some tests may take longer depending on the geographical location.
• Histopath will use it’s best endeavours to provide a 1.5 hour turnaround at any of our Airport clinics. If there are any delays and the testing and resulting process takes more than 1.5 hours, Histopath will not be held responsible for any loss caused due to such a delay.
• In circumstances where abnormal results require confirmation testing or inconclusive results require recollection and testing, the test results can be further delayed.
• SMS messages are sent to the phone number that you provided at the time of ordering your test(s) and that your mobile phone privacy settings reflect your personal privacy requirements.
• We have no obligation to contact you personally about your test results, and you cannot claim against us if we are unable to reach you after making reasonable attempts to do so.
Histopath owns and operates our websites, and unless otherwise specified, all intellectual property rights in the content of this website. The content, organisation, graphics, design and other matters related to Histopath and our associated domains are protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary laws, including but not limited to intellectual property laws. The copying, reproduction, use, modification or publication by you of any such matters or any part of Histopath’s websites is strictly prohibited, without our express prior written permission.
To the extent permitted by law, our maximum aggregate liability arising from any service provided will be the price of the service(s) ordered. We will not be liable for any special, indirect, consequential, or punitive loss or damage or loss of profits or anticipated profits which may be suffered or incurred by you which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of services supplied or in respect of any failure or omission on our part to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
This website is intended for users in Australia only. If you choose to access this website from a location outside of Australia, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
You must not, and will not allow a third party to:
• Attempt to defeat, circumvent or disable anything in our websites.
• Probe or attempt to penetrate the websites.
• Alter, modify or tamper with any of the functionality of the websites.
• Attempt to introduce any computer virus or malware or other malicious software to any part of the websites.
• Impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
• Use the websites for commercial purposes.
• Use the websites in any unlawful manner or in a way that may infringe the rights of any other person including any intellectual property rights.
We reserve the right to change/amend these Terms and Conditions, including any pricing, at any time. Any amendments or changes are effective immediately upon publication on this or any other of Histopath’s websites.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, our partners, contractors, and employees harmless from any and all liability, loss, damages, claim and expense, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, related to your violation of this agreement or use of Histopath’s websites.
Your continued use of our websites following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by our Terms and Conditions as amended.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
There may be circumstances which arise where we cannot perform obligations that we have agreed because of something beyond our reasonable control. This may include for example, extreme weather, epidemics, pandemics, actions of a government body, industrial disputes, technical difficulties and power outages. In such cases, you agree that we do not have any liability for not meeting our obligations.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact our Head Office either via email or by calling us on (02) 9878-8173.
For refunds, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow up to 10 working days for your refund to be processed.